Thirty+ Years of Local History and Memories!
- The AIMS of the Wallaceburg and District Council for the Arts is to:
- Organize, promote and operate shows for local artists, annually or semi-annually.
- Sponsor the appearance of provincial on-tour performers in Wallaceburg and the surrounding area.
- The possible coordinator or clearing house for planned cultural events.
- Raise funds for the operations of the council and/or the events it will support and operate.
- Support in whatever way possible and appropriate local art and artists.
- Sponsoring, organizing and promoting, clinics and workshops for the benefit and betterment of local artists.
- Participate in the development and promotion and support of youth art and programs.
- The development, promotion and support of youth art programs.
- The publication of information of local art happenings.
For years the Wallaceburg and District Council for the Arts through it volunteers, its community partners, its sponsors and its loyal audiences, has made a lasting impact on the local musical infrastructure.
The goal of the Wallaceburg and District Council for the Arts (WDCA) is to provide Wallaceburg and the surrounding area with the type of cultural performances that are usually only available at larger venues in larger cities. We work as a central hub for creating new partnerships among individual artists, organizations, and businesses in our community. We try to encourage artists both performing artists and visual artists to continue to develop their passion.
The Wallaceburg and District Council for the Arts is also very proud to be a part of the reclamation of the
Wallaceburg Concert Band, in partnership with band conductor Dave Babbitt and the Lambton Kent District School Board. More recently, the WDCA has assisted in forming a Ukulele Work Group that has grown faster than anticipated. The WDCA is currently offering a community workshop to those inclined to play the Ukulele. In the past, the WDCA has also held several workshops for local singer-songwriter, guitarists and more, these events have also been well attended.
The Wallaceburg and District Council for the Arts has initiated and sustained an outdoor concert series for the last two summers, providing quality entertainment with local artists and musicians, while offering the ten-week event completely free of charge to the community.
The Wallaceburg and District Council for the Arts continues to be dedicated to provide significant exposure for emerging artists and increased recognition for local experienced artists. We contribute to the economic, social and cultural growth of our community.
We are committed to helping our local musical industry by responding to our community's wishes and having fun while doing it!!
Our Current Board of Directors
Elected May 2, 2018
- Dave Elliott - Chair
- Kellie Watson - Vice Chair
- Karen Verstappen - Treasurer
- Jeannette Matak - Secretary
- Cathy Cogghe - Director
- Rebecca Davis - Director
- Dave Babbitt - Director
- Jane McGee - Director
- Jay Smith - Director
For more information on becoming involved as a "Volunteer" or "Member" of the Wallaceburg and District Council for the Arts please email: Dave Elliott. or contact any of the other Board Members.
The Wallaceburg & District Council for the Arts is a registered charity.
For more information, Go to: Donate
For more information about our charitable status: Go to: WDCA
To find out what's next at the Wallaceburg and District Council for the Arts. Go to: Upcoming Events.